Hilary’s jewelled book cover

At the December Christmas get together I invited everyone to choose one of my silk paper/mosaic jewellery experimental pieces and use it in a textile creation of their choice.

Hilary selected a pendant made with silk paper scraps and covered with a clear glass cabachon. She used it as the central motif in this magnificent journal cover. Here is what she had to say about it:

I used the pendant as the centre of Australia and then surrounded it with some images of what represents Australia to me. The finished item is a journal cover which I am using for a sketch a day.


What a beautiful and inspirational interpretation. Well done Hilary!

Comments

  1. Always original and delightful! Thanks Hilary for sharing ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pleased with my efforts ...